Rumor: Arrowverse maybe replaced in favor of a new universe starting on Superman and Lois

Arrow -- "Confessions" -- Image Number: AR720a_0334b.jpg -- Pictured: David Ramsey as John Diggle/Spartan -- Photo: Dean Buscher/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Arrow -- "Confessions" -- Image Number: AR720a_0334b.jpg -- Pictured: David Ramsey as John Diggle/Spartan -- Photo: Dean Buscher/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved. /

A content creator known as ComiChris interviewed David Ramsey who made some interesting statements about the state of the Arrowverse moving forward…

Earlier this month, a content creator known as ComiChris had a sit-down with Arrow star, David Ramsey, who played army veteran John Diggle aka Spartan at the (LFCC) London Film and Comic Con held in London, England in Kennington (Olympia), UK. Some exciting things were discussed including the future of the Arrowverse.

The current climate of The CW and its Arrowverse

If you have finally been let out of the cave to see a glimmer of light, then you are probably more than aware of the recent merger of Warner Bros. Discovery under CEO and president David Zaslav, but the other co-owner of The CW Network, Paramount Global, that they are negotiating a deal with Nexstar Media for a sale while the co-owners still maintaining the stake of their controlling interest of at least 25%. According to the Wall Street Journal, the other 75% will go to their new owner.

Sadly, a trifecta of shows under The CW that were DC-related productions such as Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow, and Naomi received the ax with the Charmed reboot, Roswell, New Mexico, Legacies, and Dynasty among others getting cut off the air the only renewals for the Arrowverse were The Flash and Superman and Lois.

The new media franchise in place of Arrowverse

ComiChris’s 10-minute interview detailed how the Arrowverse will “fizzle out” in place of a new franchise and shared-universe kicked off by Superman & Lois in a new “Superverse,” if you will. The announced shows such as Gotham Knights and Justice U will be set in the same continuity as Superman & Lois. The Flash is speculated to end with Season 9 which Ramsey has concurred.

Before continuing, it’s important to note that ComiChris is not the most prolific of pundits despite fellow YouTuber, Pagey, vouching for his credibility, so please take some of these statements with a pinch of salt as none of them can be verified.

ComiChris reported that Diggle’s story set in Earth-Prime last seen in the eighteenth episode of The Flash Season 8 titled “The Man in the Yellow Tie” has been wrapped up and the Diggle is seen during the Season 2 finale of Superman and Lois was another version. The pundit admitted “voicing his displeasure” at the recent news that the show detached itself from the Arrowverse. Although Ramsey explained via ComiChris “It was done [so as] not to tie their hands down to a decade of world-building already done,” so that if they can bring whatever characters they want previously portrayed by an actor.

Ramsey was referring to the likes of Stephen Amell if Warner Bros. Television and The CW wanted to bring Green Arrow back. So the possibilities could be endless, with even Javicia Leslie’s Batwoman and everyone’s fan-favorite Melissa Benoist’s Supergirl making a return.

Next. 30 greatest Arrowverse superheroes. dark

What do you think of the show Superman and Lois branching out into a new Superverse franchise separate from Earth-Prime’s Arrowverse? What do you think of the statements from David Ramsey? Are you pleased The Flash may potentially end on Season 9? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!