The Marvel movies belong to the biggest franchise in the world, and if you’d like to catch up on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, here’s how you can watch them in order.
You won’t find any bigger franchise in the world of movies than the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Started by Marvel Studios back in 2008, the MCU has grown into the biggest cinematic juggernaut in existence, producing instant hit after instant hit (and at one point in time produced the highest-grossing film of all time).
As the years go on, more and more people are watching the Marvel movies. Some people caught up to watch Avengers: Endgame in 2019 so that they could see the completion of that chapter of the MCU’s story, while others show interest when new films hit the movie theaters.
The MCU has grown a great deal since it began, with its Infinity Saga telling a decade-long story as the heroes of the universe battled Thanos. It’s continuing to evolve now as it is well into its fourth phase, with a series of Disney Plus shows expanding it further than before. The Multiverse Saga is in full flow, setting the stage for a new generation of fans to join the MCU party.
If you are just starting your Marvel journey (love that for you!) and would like to see what the MCU madness is all about, then here’s where you should start.
Marvel movies and Disney Plus shows in order
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- Thor (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
- Captain Marvel (2019)
- Avengers: Endgame (2019)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
- WandaVision (2021) – 9-episode Disney Plus series
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021) – 6-episode Disney Plus series
- Black Widow (2021)
- Loki (2021) – 6-episode Disney Plus series
- What If…? (2021) – 9-episode Disney Plus series
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)
- Eternals (2021)
- Hawkeye (2021) – 6-episode Disney Plus series
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)
- Moon Knight (2022) – 6-episode Disney Plus series
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
- Ms. Marvel (2022) – 6-episode Disney Plus series
- Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
- I Am Groot (2022) – 5 Disney Plus shorts
- She-Hulk: Attorney At Law (2022) – 9-episode Disney Plus series
- Werewolf by Night (2022) – Marvel Studios’ Halloween Special on Disney Plus
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
Note: Kevin Feige revealed at San Diego Comic-Con that Black Panther: Wakanda Forever would be the last theatrical release of Phase Four (although we still have The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special coming this year). Every subsequent confirmed title in the immediate future, including Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, Secret Invasion and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, will be part of Phase Five. See what’s coming next here.
Are you ready to dive into the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Will you be watching all of these Marvel movies and shows? Let us know in the comments below!