The cast of Aquaman is still growing!
Filming has finally commenced on James Wan’s Aquaman, as the cast and crew are hard at work in Australia. A strong cast headed by Jason Mamoa has already been assembled. However, it appears that the upcoming DCEU installment has added a new face to its roster.
Deadline is reporting that Ludi Lin has joined the cast of the film as Murk. Neither Warner Bros. nor DC has commented on the casting.
More from Movies
- James Gunn’s Superman: Legacy casts more major DC characters
- New Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom trailer pushes Arthur to his limits
- 7 actors who could replace Ezra Miller as The Flash in the DC Universe
- Masters of the Universe reboot’s new domain could be at Amazon’s Prime Video Streamer
- James Gunn gives interesting update of Superman and Supergirl movies at DC Studios
Lin has been acting in small films for a few years now, but he recently rose to prominence through his role as Zack / The Black Ranger in this year’s Power Rangers. Lin managed to give a solid performance in the film despite being a relative newcomer to blockbusters. With his casting, he also brings a level of freshness to a cast that mostly consists of established, veteran actors.
Murk first appeared in Aquaman #17 as part of the New 52 continuity. The character was introduced as the head of the front-line army of Atlantis, the Men-of-War, and also serves as one of Aquaman’s most trusted allies.
Lin will join a cast that consists of Jason Mamoa, Patrick Wilson, Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Willem Dafoe, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Dolph Lundgren, and Temuera Morrison.
Aquaman hits theaters on December 21, 2018.