Marvel Studios is treating fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Fresh off after releasing all nine episodes of What If...? season 2 daily over the festive period, it will now unveil all five episodes of new Disney Plus series Echo.
The highly anticipated TV-MA series, Echo, is set to premiere on both Disney Plus and Hulu on Tuesday, January 9, 2024. In what can only be described as a Marvel first, all five episodes of the series will be available at once, allowing and encouraging us Marvel fangirls and fanboys to have an all-nighter binge-watching experience.
I mean, please do get some rest as this is on a Tuesday, not a weekend night.
Speaking of which, if you'd like to know when exactly you can watch the show where you live, here's when Echo will premiere.
When all episodes of Echo come out on Disney Plus
As I previously mentioned, Echo is a new milestone for Marvel as it marks the first time a Marvel Studios series is released in a fully bingeable format - all at once - on Disney Plus. It will premiere in the US on Disney Plus and Hulu at 6:00 p.m. PT for those watching on the West Coast, while those watching on the East Coast can expect it at 9:00 p.m. ET. That will also be 8:00 p.m. CT for those watching on Central Time and 7:00 p.m. MT for audiences watching in the Mountain Time zone.
If you're watching it outside of the US, it will also premiere on Disney Plus where you live at the same time as its US premiere. With that in mind, let's take a look at what time you can expect Echo to premiere in your region.
Here are the release dates and times for Echo by time zone:
- Hawaii: 3:00 p.m. HST on Tuesday, January 9
- Alaska: 5:00 p.m. AKDT on Tuesday, January 9
- West Coast of the US: 6:00 p.m. PT on Tuesday, January 9
- Mountain time: 7:00 p.m. MT on Tuesday, January 9
- Midwest of the US: 8:00 p.m. CT on Tuesday, January 9
- East Coast of the US: 9:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 9
- Brazil: 10:00 p.m. BRT on Tuesday, January 9
- UK: 2:00 a.m. GMT on Wednesday, January 10
- France: 3:00 a.m. CET on Wednesday, January 10
- Germany: 3:00 a.m. CET on Wednesday, January 10
- Italy: 3:00 a.m. CET on Wednesday, January 10
- Spain: 3:00 a.m. CET on Wednesday, January 10
- India: 6:30 a.m. IST on Wednesday, January 10
- South Korea: 10:00 a.m. KST on Wednesday, January 10
- Japan: 10:00 a.m. JST on Wednesday, January 10
- Sydney, Australia: 11:00 a.m. AEDT on Wednesday, January 10
Echo features the character Maya Lopez, also known as Echo, who was first introduced in the Hawkeye series. The upcoming series explores her journey as she is pursued by the criminal empire of Wilson Fisk, also known as Kingpin. The series is already notable for being Marvel's first TV-MA rated show (and Disney+'s, for that matter - you do have to change your rating settings in order to watch this) and the first time a Marvel series drops all of its episodes in one day, but it goes a step further for featuring Marvel's first Native American and deaf lead character in a series.
The cast includes the impeccably talented Alaqua Cox reprising her role as Maya Lopez/Echo, Vincent D’Onofrio as Kingpin, and a rumored cameo by Charlie Cox as Daredevil/Matt Murdock. Other cast members include Chaske Spencer, Tantoo Cardinal, Devery Jacobs, and Cody Lightning.
If you live under a rock and haven't watched the kickass trailer for the series, you're welcome.