Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will have four post-credits scenes.
4/18/2017 UPDATE: Director James Gunn has told ScreenRant that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will have a whopping five post-credits scenes!
More from Movies
- James Gunn’s Superman: Legacy casts more major DC characters
- New Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom trailer pushes Arthur to his limits
- 7 actors who could replace Ezra Miller as The Flash in the DC Universe
- Masters of the Universe reboot’s new domain could be at Amazon’s Prime Video Streamer
- James Gunn gives interesting update of Superman and Supergirl movies at DC Studios
Our esteemed Marvel Cinematic Universe Post-Credits Chief Christina Roberts will be having a ball come May 5 … ahem … I mean, May 4 (come on, any self-respecting Marvel fan is going to be seeing it during premiere night). Why? Early press screenings are reporting that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has four post-credits scenes!
Yes, you read that right … FOUR! We can only guess what they could be. I myself will take four stabs right now:
- The wacky team is going to meet the Avengers.
- There’s going to be a setup for Vol. 3, which James Gunn just announced today that he’ll be writing and directing again.
- Thanos will be assembling his Infinity Gauntlet.
- Carol Danvers will run into the team during a NASA mission.
There you go!
Oh, and about that press screening: the consensus has been that it’s the very best the MCU has to offer. Now, with other films I would definitely take that sentiment with a grain of salt (yes, I’m looking at you DCEU … fool me once … ). But the MCU has consistently held up a high standard of stellar acting, storytelling, and character development. As if I wasn’t excited before, this news makes me feel like a kid waiting for Christmas Day.
So what do you think the four post-credits scenes will be? Let us know in the comments.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2—Official Synopsis
"Set to the backdrop of “Awesome Mixtape #2,” Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team’s adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mysteries of Peter Quill’s true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes’ aid as the Marvel cinematic universe continues to expand."
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will be released on May 5, 2017
It will be directed by James Gunn, written by James Gunn, and star Chris Pratt as Peter Quill / Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, Vin Diesel as Groot, Bradley Cooper as Rocket, Michael Rooker as Yondu Udonta, Karen Gillan as Nebula, Sean Gunn as Kraglin Obfonteri, Glenn Close as Irani Rael, Nathan Fillion as Simon Williams, Tommy Flanagan as Tulk, Pom Klementieff as Mantis, Elizabeth Debicki as Ayesha, Kurt Russell as Ego, and Sylvester Stallone as Stakar, with Chris Sullvian and Steve Agee in unspecified roles.