Another Comic-Con is in the books (I could do a #sadface here, but I won’t). As everyone recovers from the flood of comic-related news, we figured we’d gather as much of it as possible in one convenient location.
Bam Smack Pow wasn’t at SDCC in person (next year!), but we hustled like crazy following every live blog, livestream, press release and news report to make sure we were up on as much of the good stuff as possible. Here’s a day-by-day hub of the biggest announcements and reveals; hit us in the comments section and let us know which ones excited you the most.
- DC hid a new image of Ben Affleck as Batman, looking suitably grim and stubbly, in its montage wall devoted to Batman’s 75th anniversary.
- The legendary Stan Lee was forced to cancel his Comic-Con appearances due to laryngitis.
- Actor Benedict Cumberbatch told media outlets he most likely won’t be playing Doctor Strange.
- Marvel unveiled Avengers: Rage of Ultron, a new OGN scheduled for mext spring by Rick Remender and Jerome Opena.
- Comixology took the first step toward changing digital comics for the better by offering DRM-free backups for several publishers.
- The upcoming Spider-Man Unlimited mobile game was announced, an endless runner with more playable Spider-Men than any video game ever.
- Marvel’s Spider-Verse event will have plenty of tie-in books, including Spider-Verse Team-Up and Scarlet Spiders, starring Ben Reilly, Kaine and Ultimate Jessica Drew.
- Sam Wilson will lead a team of Avengers in Captain America and the Mighty Avengers, while Angela is getting her own series as well.
- Grant Morrison cooked up an actual map of the DC Multiverse to go with Multiversity.
- The people responsible for the Captain America movies are going to be heavily involved in the Agent Carter TV series.
- The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. team will get new allies and a new “Big Bad” in Season 2.
- The latest batch of Eisner Award winners was recognized.
- An unexpected appearance by the Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice cast gave us our first look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.
- The Guardians of the Galaxy onslaught will continue with a new animated series on Disney XD.
- Star Wars comics are returning to Marvel in 2015, with big names like Jason Aaron, John Cassaday and Mark Waid attached.
- Oh yeah, there was some Dawn of Justice teaser footage shown too, and we broke it down.
- Evangeline Lilly was announced as Hank Pym’s daughter in Ant-Man, while Corey Stoll will play a villainous Yellowjacket.
- Marvel confirmed a Guardians of the Galaxy sequel and revealed a release date for it as well.
Tags: Agent Carter Agents Of S.H.i.E.L.D. Angela Ant=Man Arrow Avengers Avengers: Rage Of Ultron Batman Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Captain America Comic-Con International Daredevil DC Guardians Of The Galaxy Marvel Phil Coulson SDCC 2014 Spider-Man Unlimited Spider-Verse Stan Lee